Athens. The city with the most glorious history in the world, a city worshipped by gods and people, a magical city. The enchanting capital of Greece has always been a birthplace for civilization. It is the city where democracy was born and most of the wise men of ancient times. The most important civilization of ancient world flourished in Athens and relives through some of the world's most formidable edifices.
Athens is constantly inhabited since Neolithic Age. The 5th century was the time of its ultimate bloom, when moral values and civilization surpassed city limits and became the mother land of western civilization. In the centuries that followed, many conquerors tried to take over Athens. In 1834 Athens was chosen to be the capital of the newly established Greek State. The city that now hosts more than 5 million people, was constructed around the Acropolis walls. Today it is the political, social, cultural, financial and commercial center of Greece.
A city of different aspects. A walk around the famous historic triangle (Plaka, Thission, Psyri) the old neighborhoods, reveal the coexistence of different eras. Old mansions, well-preserved ones and other worn down by time. Luxurious department stores and small intimate shops, fancy restaurants and traditional taverns. All have their place in this city.
What you should not miss while in Athens
- Acropolis - Parthenon –Odeon of Herodes Attucus
- Acropolis Museum
- Ancient Agora
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Panathenaic Stadiu - Kallimarmaro
- Philopappos Hills and Momument
- Temple of Hephaestus
- Central Market - Varvakios Agora
- Roman Agora Dionisiou Aeropagitou Street & Thission (Thiseio)
- Pnyx Hill - Pnyka
- Neoclassical Trilogy - Academy-University-Library
- Day Trip to Mycenae
- Day Trip to Epidaurus
- Platonic Academy - Akadimia Platonos
- National Archaeological Museum of Athen
- Museum of Cycladic Art
- Syntagma Square - Parliament - National Garden
- Port of Piraeus & Mikrolimano
- Nightlife & the famous ‘Bouzoukia”